Undeniably, 2020 was a year like no other. Despite the hardship and anxiety that the events of the past 12 months have brought, what we learned—for better or for worse—is that we are all in this together.
At ScaleHub, our business hinges on global interconnectedness, and we are intentional about paying forward what we’ve benefitted. One example is compensating crowd contributors at an above-average rate for work they complete as part of our crowdsourcing offering.
One thing for which we are grateful is that 2020 was a busy year for ScaleHub. However, the busy times are precisely when we tend to overlook how far we’ve come. That’s why, with this post, we’d like to take stock of the past year with our top five highlights:
- We forged four new partnerships. By teaming up with DTI, ActivBold, ibml, and InoTec, we’ve been able to deliver greater value to ScaleHub customers, and vice versa. You can read about some of these dynamic partnerships; for example, the announcement of DTI and ActivBold joining our partner program, or an interview with ibml and ScaleHub on how together we achieve 99.x% accuracy of handwriting recognition and extraction.
- From a pool of 15,000 businesses (previously vetted from two million), FOCUS Magazine ranked ScaleHub among the top 15 “Growth Champions” in the category of IT, Internet, Software and Services Companies, and in the top 150 of companies overall.
- We grew the ScaleHub team with strategic hires in Sales, Consulting and Development. You can read about some of these hires in previous posts; for example, Torsten Malchow joined ScaleHub as Chief Revenue Officer, Stefan Gemeinhardt returned to ScaleHub to work on the Professional Services and Consulting Team, and Patrice Chakroun is our newest Senior Solution Architect & Presales Consultant. Stay tuned for news of another exciting hire starting in the new year!
- We filed a patent application for our Dynamic Crowd Balancer, which uses AI to automatically distribute work across multiple crowdsourcing marketplaces simultaneously. Key to meeting service level agreements—both our own and those of our customers—the Crowd Balancer dramatically improves the ScaleHub Portal.
- Together with IBM, we’ve begun modernizing the input management platforms for three of Germany’s five largest public health insurers.
Last but not least, a huge thanks to our growing network of customers: we appreciate your business and your trust in us. We wish you all the best this holiday season, and a very happy new year. Thanks for your support throughout 2020. Here’s looking forward to an amazing 2021. Onward and upward!